Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Wordle......

Some people have the wonderful knack of finding interesting things out in the world and on the Internet. For myself, I can search and search and never find "different" things but others have that great knack. My friend Vicki came across this heading-decoration called a word cloud by wordle. It will turn your blog feeds into a word-cloud decoration with the more frequent words being enlarged. Alternatively, you can add particular words yourself and as you can see above...it will reproduce your spelling mistakes too lol. I just highlighted and fed in a load of blogs and this is what it created. There are all sorts of fonts, a variety of layouts and an array of colours. I think the word cloud tool is based on a similar principle to a saturation/hue/contrast tool. In the wordle gallery there are some very artistic word clouds produced by school students. I have no idea how they did them lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment