Tuesday, December 30, 2008

One of those days.....


Well yesterday was one of those days where you wish you had not bothered to get out of bed lol. It was hectic at work because we were running low on stock as the various trucks had not arrived on time and when that happens it becomes a balancing act, trying to feed everyone, making them feel that they are getting their money's worth and that you are making a fuss of them at the same time (like spoilt boys lol) and at the same time you have to make the stock stretch out to last until the deliveries arrive. It was a challenge for everyone here lol. The delivery men defended their extremely late arrival by suggesting that they could not find us. I stood there and said "you have got to be kidding me....look straight up into the sky, see those massive cranes, they can be spotted up to 5 kms away...how could you not find us???" lol. They both looked up and replied "oh you mean those cranes that we saw from 2 suburbs away belong here wow we didn't think of that". I give up on men I really do lol.

Afternoon arrived and Mr J decided to do some long overdue maintenance at another site, got to the top rung of his ladder and snapped the cartliege in his left leg, he said that he both felt it and heard it go and that it took him about 30 minutes to get back down the ladder. I got word to come and take him to hospital where we spent a wonderful evening x-rays, scans, etc. The decision was to brace the leg from the top of the thigh to half way down the shin and use crutches until further notice. He has to see the doctor in a week. I had hoped that once my children has progressed from contact sports to safer activities that my emergency room days were over but not in this case. Fortunately Mr J is too drugged up to be a whiney male patient yet lol . Anyway, I finally made it to bed and realized that we had missed seeing Doug Williams at the Basement. Like I said...it was one of those days where I should have stayed in bed lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment