Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Black as the ace of spades......






This afternoon here there was a dooooozy of a thunderstorm. Mr J and I stood out on the verandah taking in the spectacle which Mother Nature put on for us.








The sky was gun metal grey with a sickly cast of purple here and there. In fact, the air had been heavy with humidity most of the day while we were at work.








By the time I had arrived home the first rumble of distant thunder came. It was as I turned my head to the sky wanting to feel the relief of drops, that I noticed just how truely dark the sky was.
There was a savage beauty about it, in the jagged shapes of the clouds; in the threatening colours and weight in the atmosphere. It was truely lovely.
At one stage the sky was so dark that one could be forgiven for thinking that it was midnight. It raged with thunder and lightening for 30 minutes.

















The storm crept in from the south east to collide with another storm that arrived from the south west Goulburn area. There was such electricity and energy all around of us that I tried to capture the moment on my camera.




















The close-ups were taken using a 300mm zoom lens. I hope that you enjoy them.


No comments:

Post a Comment