Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Saturday Afternoon Walk......














I finally have my computer back and working well again. It took the experts one week to identify the problems and even though I was not online during that week I was busy discovering the world and taking pictures as well. My sister came to visit for a few days and together we found some wonderful gardens and the native species living in those gardens.
This is a very beautiful Banksia whose flowers caught our attention.














Upon closer viewing the flowers were occupied by a number of bees that were collecting pollen. I loved every minute of standing there shooting pictures of the tiny workers. I never tier of looking at the beautiful colours that swirl and highlight the stamens and petals.
If you enlarge some of the photos one can imagine the paintbrush of an artist picking up the glorious array of colours that fill our gardens and national parks. How lucky are we to live in communities where we can find such beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment