Thursday, April 16, 2009

Afternoon Visitors......














This afternoon I had two very beautiful visitors on my balcony, they were a male and female King Parrot.













They were about 45 cms long, the male had a brilliant orangy/red breast and head with with a green body and tail.












The female had a green head with an amazingly bright body and tail. She was sort of the reverse of the male.
I was amazed at their beauty, so very pretty in colour and not the least afraid of me when I opened the front door to go out and take their photos.
The female remained back in the banksia tree clinging to an old cone however the male was quite social and romped along the balcony while I clicked away on my camera.
Apparently they breed from September through to January so I guess these two were simply out socializing.
It seems such ashame that such beautiful birds are captured and kept as pets in cages.

No comments:

Post a Comment