Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Good Life.....


The news is full of the latest on Swine Flu. Just listening to the statistics and horrors of what it can do to an individual, and to an entire community, is enough to scare us all, filling us with alarm and dread. It seems that the entire world does not have enough on its plate with the constant news bulletins and updates on the global financial crisis which envoloped the panet, now we have to live in fear of the latest influenza bug. Will the turmoil ever end? The professionals are now saying that this flu has the capability to have pandemic outcomes, what a terrifying thought, a epidemic event in time that would impact the world. Such an occurance is almost impossible to imagine.
I sat thinking about this today and goodness, such an event in time certainly puts life into perspective for us. Good health is paramount to everything else, to all of the materialistic pressures we place on ourselves, to what we consider are the priorities in our lives, even to how simple and stress free we live. I have thought it before and I will think it again, in the end the material possessions we have mean little in comparison to the quality of life we live and the love we experience and share with others. I guess it is occurances such as the threat of Swine Flu, etc. that makes us stop and re-evaluate what matters most. In the end...when you have good health you have the foundations for a good life.

2 comments:

  1. Good afternoon Heather,

    Given that instructions were provided that will allow me to appear annonomously, Ill therefore need to comment in such a manner as to allow you to be able to determine who this person is.
    Suffice to say, possible all that needs to be said is that i will take a different view point just because Im me.
    With regard to the "Swine Flu" my belief is that it is no accident such paranoia has been encouraged given that the early alerts appear well removed from the current state of play. Mexico is now re opening schools and the like and the "end of the world" now appears more likely later rather than sooner. Could it be simply that this and other events are being used to deflect our attentions from the current financial state of the world? Stay tuned as i believe there will be more where this comes from. It has workd for a small while though so who am I to judge.
    State of Origin soon. Nothing like being there eh Stace. Go the Blues.
    Love and Hugs Babe
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I do declare lol. I have missed you and so I type this response with a smile from ear to ear. I could not agree more with your "deflection" theory....and I still smile each time that I watch State of Origin. Do not be a stranger, You know that I have always valued your opinion...especially the contriversial ones lol. Huge hugs to you too.
    May Billy Joel sing you to sleep, may your dreams be green and may house mever loose his ratings lol (I am still smiling here).

    ReplyDelete