Thursday, April 9, 2009

A fallen leaf is nothing more than a summers wave goodbye......





Work has been very busy but well organized, in the time since I last wrote about it. The morning air has become very cool all of a sudden this past few days, nippy enough for my lungs to know it. There is crispness about at present, which reminds me that winter is not that far away. I guess by now that the leaves on the trees at home would be changing colour. This morning as I opened the shop I realized that I was looking forward to the place warming up. I switched on all of the cooking plates and ovens and welcomed the breakfast chores as a way to heat up the air. Last night was the first night that I slept with a doona on the bed, and I could feel the crisp air on my face. Goodness, how cold will winter be this year? The sun rises into the sky later and later as each day passes and I am amazed at how early it will set. It seems that only a few weeks ago everyone was hot and complaining about the summer weather.
Mind you in saying all of that, I did go for a swim on Sunday afternoon. The water was so inviting, turquoise coloured and although it is cooler now, it was a pleasure to take a quick dip. Callala is certainly feeling like home, I like the quaint feel to our little house and I enjoy coming home each evening to relax to the sounds of the beach. Some days at the change of the tide one cannot hear a sound, the bay is waveless (if there is such a word) the waters calm and silent. Other times (usually when we least expect it) the waves come crashing down and can be heard everywhere, especially if there is a king tide. There is a sense of freedom here that cannot be found in the big city although likewise, there are many benefits to living a city lifestyle as well. I enjoy a walk along the beach each evening and notice the difference to my fatigue levels should I miss it at all.
A neighbour told us that people can become sadened during the autumn here because they know that their therapeutic walks and afternoons spent in the sun and surf are numbered. I accepted that comment as a sign that I have adapted to life here and that I am indeed, dreading the winter to come. I have wondered how the fishermen keep warm during those colder months. Next time that I am in Sydney I shall hunt out my thermal underwear which I used when working in Canberra.
Speaking of fishing, Mr J and I are looking forward to Easter this year. My gorgeous friend Merry, is coming and so we are planning to stay down here and relax. Our weekends have been constantly filled with visitors and working since moving, which we have enjoyed however, this weekend we plan to do nothing more than fishing and some photography. I am reminded that it is only six weeks until whale watching season begins…..stay tuned as I have my trusty camera handy.
I hope that everyone has an enjoyable and restful Easter. I have often wondered why Easter is so close to Christmas but over the years (yes I know it is based on the moons and historical data) although I have come to realize that it also occurs at a time that reminds us to slow down and enjoy the year ahead rather than rushing our way through it. May this season fill us all with peace and gladness to be a part of life.
Stay safe everyone......

No comments:

Post a Comment