Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Daughter To Reflect On........

Being a parent is such a privilege that many do not value. For me it has been the most important role of my life; a joy that I still take pleasure in. While sorting through some photos of my daughter last night, I recounted the many reasons I feel so lucky to have her as a part of my life.



I see her Grandma's eyes in her beautiful face and her Grandfather's magical smile when she delights in the simple pleasures of life. I love the enthusiastic manner in which she pitches in to help with a task and I see her father's strength of character in this lovely young woman...so filled with understanding and compassion for her fellow man. I enjoy listening to her chatter on about her daily activities and see the mischief in her eyes when she talks about the people that she meets. She tugs at my heartstrings when she puts her arms around me in a loving hug no matter how old she has become and feel pure happiness each time she says "I love you Mum".
Being a mother is so much more than I ever imagined. It is witnessing a wonder unfold in the lives of our children. It is seeing the reflections of your own life in the youth and energy of a new generation. It is something special far beyond words. We have a bond and friendship that we both agree will be treasured and guarded all of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment