Thursday, April 28, 2011

Autumn Leaves...............

Autumn is one of my favourite times of the year, it is also a photographer's dream for shooting beautiful pictures.

From late March until early June nature performs her famous show of colours.

Many of our everyday trees undergo a spectacular change from simple green leaves to shades of gold, red, orange, brown and cream.

Our recent trip south to Mt. Kosiosko found a display of magical vibrant colours that reminded J and I of just how beautiful this time of year can be.

I once read that when Autumn presents us with lovely sunny days and cool evenings one can guarantee that autumn leaves will be brighter and even more colourful, if that is possible lol.




There are probably a lot of places like the east coast of NSW where the landscape looks as though it is ablaze indeed, it is a magnificent site to see.








I often think that if we could capture the elegance and beauty of autumn our winters would not seem as dreary.










When I researched the internet I read about a leaf press that helps to preserve leaves.

As a child I remember pressing brightly coloured leaves between two sheets of wax paper to help preserve them.


Then my mother would lay a cloth over the tp of the wax paper and iron it.

I would then have to sit and cut the leaves out, wax paper and all.

I have found out that as the days get shorter after the end of summer, the colour in the leaves begins to change.

The changing colours of the foliage never seizes to surprize and delight me and there can never be too many photos of autumn leaves.




2 comments:

  1. I came by your blog by accident as I was looking for some fall pictures (which I will replace with my own as soon as I download them from my camera). Lovely photography and sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a lovely article & i love the photos, good work!

    ReplyDelete