Sunday, May 1, 2011

On our way home this afternoon we had to come to a complete stop while some local’s crossed the road lol. We were travelling through Bolong. Bolong is a diary farming community on the north side of the Shoalhaven River between the towns of Bomaderry and Shoalhaven Heads.







It is a very pretty community with no actual township to speak of but should you wave to a local who may be out on his harvester or herding his stock along he will wave right back.










The farms are situated in rich green hills or else alongside of the river, and never seize to take my breath away when we drive through it.


Anyway I digress. This afternoon we stopped while a farmer herded his cows across the road bringing the traffic to a complete halt.














They calmly crossed the road at their usual “swagger” pace and of course I aimed my camera and clicked away to my heart’s content. I wondered why the drivers of so many of the other cars did not take the opportunity to switch off their motors and simply enjoy the “dairy express” team putting on their show.








Busy, busy people sat revving their vehicles and tapping their fingers on the top of the steering wheels obviously stressed at the amount of time that the cows were taking to cross.




When the last of the herd finished crossing the farmer, who was riding a quad, waved appreciatively to the drivers and followed the cows into a field.


All the really good ideas I ever had came to me while I was milking a cow. ~Grant Wood

No comments:

Post a Comment