Monday, May 30, 2011

Preserving whatis important.......



It is very cold here tonight, the type of night that one can sit in the quiet, hear the waves pounding down on the beach and the whistle of the wind in the background. I can shiver and be glad that I am indoors. J has made a quick dash by train to Sydney to meet Miss K and help her drive her little car down south here. She wants to clock up some driving practice and so this is definately the area to do that. She can drive us to and from work for a few days, take us shopping after work and perhaps visit her Grandmother. That should clock up quite a few miles for her practice log. Never a young woman to do things in a hurry, Miss K will one day get her licence and and like her father and I swhe will want to explore every corner and faccet of the country.



I have recently made a photo book so that no matter what happens to my computer at any time my favourite pics will be preserved. Should you ever wish to see some of them simply look through my book case for one called Heather''s Work 2011. I have this fear that they will be lost on the computer one day so this way they will remained safe. It is amazing what one considers important and worth preserving in life. For some it is their home, their jewelry or even their fmaily heirlooms.; for me it is my photos. They take me to so many different parts of the planet that J and I have visited, they shelter and protect a memory of a new experience and a wonderful time but most importantly, each photo reminds me to really see what is out in the world rather than simply look at it. I guess some people visit a place on earth, shop there, have a quick look and then tell people that they have been. But for me when I shoot a photo I want to sample that place, taste the culture and hear their music, know what they represent and feel their joys and sorrows. Yes my pics hold more than a picture which was at the end of my lens. Now the only down side of being like this is that one ends up with thousands of photos on your computer lol. What do I keep, what do I get rid of???? I hope that you enjoy my photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment