Monday, June 20, 2011




Our time here at Jervis Bay is soon to come to an end, perhaps three weeks or so. I lay in bed last night listening to the sounds of the ocean's waves pounding down onto the beach reminding me that once I leave, those sounds and sights will be left behind. So although I am excited to move onto to the next phase in life I leave behind many many hours of beach walking and fishing and surfing and boating and seashell collecting and bird watching and the list goes on and on. I have my memories, my blogs and my photos to remind me of what once was. I also have another group of friends whom I will remember through out the rest of my life.

How lucky have we been to have had this experience down here. Sometimes I feel like a witness to something very special here on Jervis Bay; a mother whale nudging her calf to swim, some dolphins frolicking around the bottom of the boat as we left harbour, an Australian Parrot dancing along the banister of the front verandah trying to get our attention through the front window to come feed him, the whitest sands of Cresswell and the beautiful rocks of Orient Point, the giant stingrays swimming the waves behind me at Caves Beach, the black cockatoos that we hear before we see them...their sounds so individual and distinct, the magnivicent sunsets at Callala and the beautiful sunrises of Boodeerie.


One day J and I will return perhaps as Grey Nomads knowing that all of this will still be waiting for us.



Theses photos were taken at Taronga Zoo 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment