Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas.......

From our home to your home.... may you all have a safe and wonderful Christmas time.
As I was sitting in the quiet of Christmas morning, the words from this Christmas hymn kept playing over and over


Tell me the story of Jesus,
Write on my heart every word.
Tell me the story most precious,
Sweetest that ever was heard.
Tell how the angels in chorus,
Sang as they welcomed His birth.
“Glory to God in the highest!
Peace and good tidings to earth.”
Refrain
Tell me the story of Jesus,
Write on my heart every word.
Tell me the story most precious,
Sweetest that ever was heard.

I think that we learnt this as children at school and performed it at the Christmas pagant. I remember dressing as an angel and standing with the class choir singing. Perhaps it was year 2 and we rehearsed it over and over again.

I sat remembering this yesterday (Christmas morning) and all of a sudden it was that time, family were slowly waking and making noises! J was in the shower and my job was to get everyone up to open pressies and share a Merry Christmas breakky ! I love getting ready to celebrate christmas as a family, exchanging gifts, the smell of fresh coffee and the sounds of excited voices, regardless of how old they may be. Outside the sun was shining, a glorous day was install for Sydney and I had already received the gift of quiet, uninterrupted time to "just be" before anyone else was up.

I hope that everyone had a lovely day, I know that in our home everyone was asleep before 9pm and we all had a smile on our dial.
Have a wonderful and safe Boxing Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment