Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas to my family........

Merry Christmas everyone!
Today is Christmas Day 2010 and I wanted to take a few minutes to record what a lovely day we have all had together. I truely felt the Christmas spirit amongst us and I left with a feeling of looking forward to the next time when the cousins, aunties, uncles, second cousins, etc. come together. There were no presents or Kris Kringles, just a pot luck feast that we all enjoyed immensely. Grandy came and there was a surprize visit from his 86 year old brother, his sister-in-law and cousin Christine. It was a wonderful day full of news, laughing and Christmas joy. The years pass by so quickly that this is exactly how a Christmas Day should be spent.
Ms K, you bring so much beauty and laughter to the world that people love to be around you. When you were in year 6 your teacher told Dad and I that you were born with the special gift of empathy; an ability to have genuine compassion towards others; a gift that one is born with and can not be taught to people who do not have it. Since you have left school we have seen so many examples of your empathy but none more than when others who have come to know you tell Dad and I what a truely beautiful human being you have grown into. Not just a physical beauty but a beauty through consciousness. I can only look at you and smile when they say this because I have watched your deep understanding of people, your sympathy and compassion grow and develop over the years. I consider it an honour and a joy to have watched from the sidelines and a pleasure to be your mum. Merry Christmas Kimmy x
Alex...what a lovely young man you have grown into. Your work ethic is one that Dad and are proud of and your gentle kindness to others makes you a very special person indeed. My heart has broken each time yours has broken and Dad and I are so proud of the way you pick yourself up and move on in life. We love to see you laugh and your friends are lovely people too. We hope that you find fulfillment from your work one day and that the people around you appreciate what a unique individual you are. Merry Christmas Al x
Merry Christmas to my family xxx 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment