Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Parra Power......






It has been exciting to see the Mighty Eels rise from position 8 on the NRL table, to play in the Grand Final on Sunday afternoon at ANZ Stadium. Today J surprized the family by organising tickets for us to attend the game. We have been to watch the footy many times over the years, I think Ms. K was about 8 weeks old when she attended her firsat game ; Grandma had knitted a small size 0 blue and gold jumper for her to wear. Alex and Ben both wore that same baby jumper in the years to follow.
One year Grandma, Gandy and the rest of us attended the finals when Parra played Newcastle however, after all of the games we have watched ovedr the years, this game next Sunday will be my first Grand Final. Traditionally we have had a BBQ, invited friends and made a great Sunday of it and so this year J decided to do things differently. I must say that I am very excited about going. I spent this afternoon chasing up some Grand Final-Eels T-shirts for us to wear and so hopefuilly those T-shirts will arrive by Friday. When I thought about it I am not only looking forward to watching the game live but I am looking forward to soaking up the atmosphere of the other fans, and enjoying the emotion and excitement with my children and husband. Win or lose the Mighty Eels have turned the tables by simply reaching the Grand Final this season. Good luck boys...Go the Eels....Parra to win!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment