Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday all day......






I woke up to pouring rain this morning, the water poured down onto the tin roof top and rolled on down the walls on the outside of the house. It soaked through the trees that stand in line with the front verandah and drenched everything in it's path. The sheets of rain hammered down the road almost white in colour and the noise was deafening; sheets of rain so thick that I couldn't see anything. Over at the beach it rolled down the shoreline from the south and dumped huge torrents of rain along the sand. The water in the bay became extremely choppy and dark grey. In fact it rained for several hours and afterwards everything smelled wonderfully clean and fresh. When I am at work I can often smell the rain before it arrives and the humidity rises to meet the grey clouds, that can be seen everywhere almost like a mist. Here at home those first few drops remind me of some puppies running along a tiled floor, their weightless paws tapping on the floor. I love the sounds of the rain.




I have found that one of the positives of living in a raised house is that I can peg the clothes on the line under the house and in rain, hail or shine they continue to dry, which is what is hapening now. I think this will be a DVD day and some time to finish my latest book.

No comments:

Post a Comment