Monday, December 14, 2009

Secret Santa


I thought that I might talk about a Christmas party which took place last Saturday evening. Mr J and I met with a group of friends to celebrate Christmas and as usual the group decided to share in a Secret Santa. For the first time ever the group decided to do this a little differently indeed, we had to "make it bake it grow it or sew it"..."it" being the pressie. What fun I thought and to my surprize everyone else thought the same thing. Marilyn went to a great deal of trouble and made boxes of homemade chocolates, which tasted beautiful. Meryn made a gorgeous chocolate ball christmas tree, Vj was very crafty and made a lovely Christmas wreath. There were several Poinsettias and other home grown plants as well as some wonderful christmas cakes that set everyone in the festive mood. The evening went well with some very excellent food and wine followed by lots of laughs and Merry Christmas cheers. But my fondest memory will be the trouble that everyone went to in making their pressies. It was a lot of fun and I look forward to next Christmas to see what we can do differently with our Secret Santa ideas.

Thanks everyone for a great evening, it is always lovely to catch up with you all and I look forward to January 16th. Merry Christmas gang!

No comments:

Post a Comment