Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I was sitting working on my blog when through the front livingroom windows I could see a small tawnycrowned honey eater bird on the electricity wires.
He sat very still as if "sussing out" the area.
He then lifted his head and opened his beak to emit the most amazing sound.

Fortunately my camera was handy and I was able to photograph the incident.
I can remember when not all that long ago I thought of bird chirping and whistling as nothing more than meaningless background noises The more I listen to the nature environment down here the more multifaceted and intricate it is. Every different type of bird has it's pwn distinctive sounds, and it is extraordinary that another bird can pickup on those very sounds to understand what is going on.





I wondered if h=the little bird were calling to it's mate or perhaps it's mother. Who knows?......perhaps it was playing it's part in Mother Nasture's Orchestra.

Whatever it was doing....I found it fascinating and beautiful and unique all at the same time.



It turned in several different directions, singing as loudly as possible.







Until eventually it quitened down to take flight.



No comments:

Post a Comment