Tuesday, March 17, 2009

An Afternoon's Drive......








Today was a beautiful day here down south. The weather is lovely, the sun is shining and there is a slight breeze. Yesterday morning I remarked that one could detect a slight change in the temperature; it is slowly changing and becoming cooler. The sun is rising later again and as I am driving to work there is mist and a little fog slowly moving in. Autumn is here!
As I drove to Sydney on Saturday morning I was in awe of the fog around areas such as Jasper's Brush and parts of Berry. If you have ever seen a picture of Mount Fuji in Japan you will remember the clouds around the foot of it. Well the same took place here. The mountain range peaked trough a sea of mist and looked wonderful. I imagine that areas such as these experience a heavy fog throughout winter so I am endeavoring to get back there soon to photograph such beauty before the winter sets in. On my return on Sunday afternoon I had to make a huge detour because of a multiple car accident between Berry and Nowra. The detour took me to an area called Bolong, a rural town with the lush and greenish fields.
There appeared to be many beautiful old houses set back on acreages; many of them were bed and breakfast places. It was like walking back in time as I passed them, one could imagine the late 1800s when these houses were first built and how excited families must have been to move into them. Most are on dairy properties. As you leave the area and drive back towards Nowra the Crookhaven River sits on the left of the road and winds all the way back to the Princes Hwy. It is such a beautiful drive and I would never have experienced it if it had not been for an accident, which caused everyone to detour. There is peacefulness and energy here in the outdoors. Everything seems so fresh and alive everywhere you look. These areas are definitely worth a photography weekend, which will be next on my calendar.
The photos were all shot while walking Husskinsons Beach recently. It is amazing what one comes across whilst walking on a beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment