Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year 2010


Well hello and Happy New Year everyone

Welcome to 2010 (or twenty ten) as the media have dubbed it. The week between Christmas and New Year celebrations have been wet or overcast here so we decided to stay in Sydney and spend the time with our children. That was a great decision as I have had a wonderful time with them. Unfortunately I awoke with gout several days ago , in my left wrist. The crystals were so acute that I ended up with a fracture3d bone. The docotor was as amazed as I was when she read the radiographer's report. The gout is now under control but the swelling from the fracture is still very obvious so I will not be cooking for a week or so once we return to work. I think I will play it day by day.
Our plans for the Christmas break could not have changed any more dramatically that they did lol. Days spent on the beach changed into lunch and pedicures with Kimberly or reorganising bedrooms with Alex. John had a wonderful time cooking for the five of us and each evening was a surprize indeed. We have enjoyed having Anthony here inbetween his work committments. He is such a lovely young man and he enjopys helping John in the kitchen so much. They share cooking ideas and chores....I have loved every minute of it. John and I hit the sales but did not purchase a great deal. I was surprized however, at the lack of people there this year. Like our shopping prior to Christmas, the sales were quiet and lacked the usual frenzy. I found a parking spot straight off and had no trouble memovering around the shopping center. It really did not seem like the post-Christmas sales. We really did not purchase much either, having always maintained that an item on special is not really a bargain if you do not need it. I did purchase a few birthday presents in readiness for 2010 but that was all.






Tomorrow J and I get ready to go back to work. He is going to hit the markets and stock up on paper, fruit and veges and of course, herbs. Then we need to visit our butcher and head south. The roads down south have a horrendous history of accidents and death. Only two days before Christmas Day a fuel tanker crossed onto the worng side of the road and hit the vehicle of a family heading north for their holidays. Killed were an 11 year old and her 13 year old sister. The parents have 80% burns to their bodies. The media forcused on the state of the roads there, I heard only one report that focused on speed. I have driven the route hundreds of times now and it is so easy to increase one's speed without even thinking about it, the area is surrounded in majestic beauty, the rolling hills are like green carpets, the herds of cattle and horses and beautiful old homesteads. One cannot help but take your eyes off the road if only for a minute, to appreciate them. It happens often....travelling too fast and taking our eyes off the road. Anyway, I digress, we will head south to Jervis Bay with our eyes on the road and our levels of watchfulness fully alert. For Christmas I purchased an Advanced Defensive Driving Course for Alex; now I am considering undertaking the very same course for myself. and John. With all of the kilometers that we cover in a month this now seems like a logical idea.
I would like to wish everyone a very Happy New Year and a wonderful New Decade. As you are driving along the road anywhere, stay safe and alert. May 2010 fill your life with happiness, love and friendship. Happy 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment